This Hard Copy Version (Course Booklet Posted), can be completed in your own time and pace, but like part time study, it may take considerable time and effort. We estimate that it can take approximately 1-2 weeks of part-time study to complete the 660 pages of course materials, including submitting and passing the required knowledge tests for assessment, before a 'Statement of Attainment Certificate' can be issued.
You will receive the Five Modules of course materials. They are ideal for studying and will also be handy as reference materials for when you commence building. This Course only needs to be done 'once in a life time', for your first project and then to obtain an OFT Owner Builder Permit for any subsequent Owner Building needs or projects.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before commencing, you must first have successfully completed the unit of Competency in CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry also known as the 'White Card'. By law, this can only be completed in a 6 hour face-to-face workshop (not by correspondence). If you have not completed this OH&S Unit, we can organise to enrol you in either the Express CBD Sydney location and if you live outside of Sydney, we can assist you to find a local provider. If you have already completed the OH&S Unit (we require a copy of your certificate or white card), and you can enrol accordingly.
If you require the OHS White Card, we can help organise to enrol you in an Express OHS Course.Courses are run Monday to Saturday in the Sydney CBD, near Town Hall Station.
HARD COPY Version: $224 including delivery - Upon registration and payment including delivery, you will receive the 660 page hard copy of the owner builder course compliance manual which includes the assessments. The hard copy manual is also ideal to use as a reference booklet for when you commence building. You also have the convenience of completing the course assessments online and there is no need to wait for an email to tell you where you went wrong. We are the ONLY COURSE PROVIDER to offer this service. With real-time interaction, you will get instant results. Just fix the errors where it tells you, and you're done. Or you also have the option to post, email or fax the completed assessments.
If you feel you hold approved equivalent qualifications - Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) to be able to apply to the NSW Office of Fair Trading to receive exemptions for sections of the course, please provide details on your application.
Advantages and what is included in the Correspondence Learning Courses
If you are too busy and are unable to attend the face-to-face workshop, or live outside Sydney, studying in your own time may be an easier option as you ...
- With the online version, simply download the course documents and study them on your computer or print them to take away
- With the hard copy version, simply study the course anywhere you like
- You can choose when and where you wish to study
- For both versions you can keep the course study manuals handy as reference information for when you commence building
- You can work at you own pace, taking as long as required to understand and complete the Course Assessments
- Convenient learning option for those that live in regional or rural NSW
- For both versions of the correspondence course, you can complete the course assessments online
- You will receive unlimited telephone support anytime throughout your entire course & project
- You will receive Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet templates for Expenses & Building Calculators to help keep you organised for your project