Owner Builder Personal Accident & Volunteer Workers Insurance
Owner Builder Personal Accident & Volunteer Workers Insurance provides protection for you and up to another nine unpaid workers who may be helping you on site that may injure themselves and cannot attend their paid employment. By organising this insurance, you are helping to compensate yourself, family and friends who volunteer to help you for free. There is also a Death, Paraplegic and Quadriplegic Lump Sum cover.
What the Personal Accident & Volunteer Workers Insurance Protection covers:
- Up to 26 weeks cover benefit period
- Cover is eligible for persons between the ages of 18 to 60 years old
- Covers up to 75% of the wage or salary; up to a maximum of $500 per week
- Capital Benefit by - Death, Paraplegic and Quadriplegic accidents with a lump sum of $20,000 per person
- Protection for up to 10 workers including the Owner Builder
- There is a 7 day waiting period prior to making a claim
Owner Builder Construction & Public Liability Insurance only protects paid workers on the Owner Builder site. If you plan to work on your Owner Builder project, and may have family or friends lending a hand for free, even just cleaning up, by taking out this Insurance protection, you will have peace of mind if an accident takes place. Remember a building site is a dangerous place with exposed and incomplete work, as well as materials, rubbish and tools usually lying around.
It is highly advisable to take out Personal Accident & Volunteer Workers Insurance, to provide some insurance protection, if you are injured or incapacitated and cannot attend your employed work. The insurance policy also provides up to 10 workers also working with you.
A building site can be a very dangerous place. If you are planning to build and are injured or incapacitated so that if any of you cannot return to your employed job, you or they will be significantly financially compromised.